2016 • The Third Silk Road International Festival Statutes for the Silk Road International Art Exhibition （Chinese Version）
The annual Silk Road International Festival is an international festival which is hosted by Ministry of Culture of the People's Republic of China and Shaanxi Provincial People's Government, and organized by Department of Culture of Shaanxi Province. As an important part of the festival, the International Art Exhibition has been successfully held twice in 2014 and 2015. The number of exhibits have increased from around 10 countries to 46 since 2014. The exhibition is an art platform for the contemporary international cultural exchanges. Through the exhibition, the world harmony philosophy is promoted, gaining recognitions and supports from artists around the world. This also shows that the exhibition has an international vision, and it rediscovers the economy and culture values of the Silk Road, reproducing the culture and civilization in Shaanxi Silk Road. It highlights the contribution and leading role of the Chinese culture in the arts of the Silk Road. 2016 The Third Silk Road International Festival International Art Exhibition has started calling for exhibits globally.
2016 •The Third Silk Road International Festival
Host: Ministry of Culture of the People's Republic of China, Shaanxi Provincial People's Government
Organizer: Department of Culture of Shaanxi Province
Organizing Committee President: LIU Kuanren
Organizing Committee Vice-President：LU Xianglin、ZHAO Xiaoqiang、LIN Baogang
Art Director：WU Weishan
Chair of the academic Committee：LIN Baogang
Chief Curator: WEN Ji
Exhibition Dates: September 7, 2016 - September 21, 2016
Exhibition Venue：Shaanxi Provincial Museum of Fine Arts, Xi'an, Shaanxi, P. R. China
Exhibits from around 80 countries Deadline: July 20, 2016
Theme: Silk Road Civilization and World Culture.
1. Each artist may submit image materials for no more than three artworks, and fill the formal application form clearly with all require information.
2. Filled forms and images should be sent to the Exhibition Organizing Committee e-mail（email@example.com） in one compressed file （file name: nation + full name）for the panel review. Otherwise, you will be disqualified, and no material will be returned. Compressed file package includes: • Artist registration form and artwork information form • Color pictures of the artwork（artwork images size A3，300dpi，JPG format） • Personal photos and national flag (For printing, the file should not less than 1MB)
3. No registration fee or exhibition fee.
4. At the end of July 2016, the committee will evaluate all submitted artworks and the application results will be listed on the official website after the completion of the relative foreign affair procedures. Meanwhile, the committee will send out a confirmation letter to the accepted artists, clarifying responsibilities, rights, and obligations of both parties. An invitation letter will be sent to the oversee selected artists.
5. The following rights are reserved: free show of selected works, free photograph and use of the photo.
The exhibits of Silk Road International Art Exhibition are from all over the word, and they are representative works for influential artists globally. The exhibition mainly includes paintings and sculptures.
1. The Silk Road International Art Exhibition calls for exhibits globally.
2. The works should be created within 5 years, paying attention to the aesthetic taste and artistic quality. If works have been collected, the artist or the agent are responsible for communication with specific parties. If the communication fails, resulting in unable exhibition, it will be deemed a waiver. The artist could not change selected works. If needed, it must be approved by the committee, and the committee have the right to refuse the replacement application.
3. The size of Paintings should principally not be larger than 1189mm × 841mm; the largest side of sculptures principally should not be more than 1m. Generally, not fade, no deformation, firm texture. Other forms of works will be considered case by case, and the exhibits should adapt to the operability of the exhibition venue. If you have special requirements, please contact the organizing committee before August 2016.
4. The organizing Committee has the right to refuse exhibits which are different from the application form, oversized, noisy, moldy, emitting harmful gases, leakage, unable to transport, or the original works are considered to be harmful to the audience and exhibition venues.
5. Once the selected works are found to be have historical sensitive issues, the organizer has the right to immediately cancel the qualifications of the exhibition, publishing, and others at any time. Interpretation rights are reserved to the committee.
1. The organizing committee will pay for the transport fee of the exhibits.
2. Paintings will be framed by the committee; Special requirements of sculptures should inform the committee in advance. Other exhibits will be considered separately.
3. The insurance of the selected works for the transport will be organized by the committee.
4. Unselected works will not be accepted by the committee, and all potential fees should be paid by the artist.
5. If damages for all exhibits, including special work, are caused by poor packaging, own unstable or weak breakage, loss, distortion, and other changes, or transportation process during transport, the Organizing committee will notify the authors, but does not assume any responsibility.
6. The committee will be responsible for returning exhibits. If the selected works are not transported by the designated carrier, the committee will not return the exhibit. If returning is required, please contact the committee before August 1, 2016.
1 .Collection of artworks：Printed in color, all of the artworks, the brief introductions of author, artworks instructions, nationality and so on. Each participant can be receive one.
2. Color posters
3. Invitations of the opening ceremony and seminars.
During the exhibition, one day will be chosen between 8 September and 11 September to hold the Silk Road International Art Forum.
1. Invite representative artists, critics and scholars to attend.
2. The topics will be relative to the theme, but the specific contents will be confirmed. Publish relative journals (prepared papers are welcomed)
3. The selected artists should replay to the committee by July 15, 2016 in order to ensure the main speaker and other people coming to Xi'an. The four-day accommodation and transportation costs in xi'an will be paid by the organizer, but visa fees for accompanying dependents are not included.
Address: Fifth Floor Conference Room, Ye Yuan Hotel, 13 Yanta Road, Xi'an, Shaanxi, P. R. China
Contact Person: XU
Telephone No.: 029-82205431
Silk Road International Festival International Art Exhibition Organizing Committee