The Fifth Silk Road International Arts Festival Today Silk Road International Arts Exhibition
The Silk Road International Festival is a positive implement of President Xi’s great strategic conception of “One Belt, One Road” in the field of humanities, and it is an important project for strengthening the communications and cooperation between Chinese and other cultures, reating a new height of cultural exchanges and cooperation. Hosted by the Ministry of Culture of the People’s Republic of China and Shaanxi Provincial People’s Government, and organized by Department of Culture of Shaanxi Province, The Fifth Silk Road International Arts Festival Today Silk Road International Arts Exhibition is commencing in Xi’an this September. There were 300 artists from 106 countries participating in the Fourth Silk Road International Art Exhibition in 2017.
The Fifth Silk Road Arts Festival relevant matters are hereby notified as follows:
Silk Road Spirit, Contemporary Dan Qing
1) Host: Ministry of Culture of the People’s Republic of China, Shaanxi Provincial People’s Government
2) Organizer: Department of Culture of Shaanxi Province
3) Co-Organizer: Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology
4) Exhibition Office: Exhibition Office consists of staff from the co-organizer, and its responsibility including organization, communication, coordination, propaganda, and collecting and returning artworks during before and during the exhibition. The office is located at Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology (contact person: CUI Ningna. Tel: 18618330901)
1) Exhibition Dates: September 7, 2018 – October 7, 2018
2) Exhibition Venue：Shaanxi Provincial Museum of Fine Arts, Xi’an, Shaanxi, P. R. China. The opening ceremony commences at Shaanxi Provincial Museum of Fine Arts.
1) Oil paintings, prints, sculptures, watercolor (powder) paintings, paintings of composite materials.
1) Before May 31 in 2018, All submitted artworks, include sculptures, with filled forms and images should be sent to the Exhibition Organizing Committee e-mail（firstname.lastname@example.org） in one compressed file （file name: nation + full name）for the panel review. Otherwise, you will be disqualified, and no material will be returned. In principle, paintings should not exceed 100 cm (width) x 100 cm (height) in size;
Compressed filepackage should include:
· Artist registration form
· Color pictures of the artwork（artwork images size A3，over 350dpi，JPG format）the size of the picture is more than 5MB.
Personal photos and national flag (For printing, the file should not less than 1MB)
· No registration fee or exhibition fee. · Please use the Microsoft Office version.
2) Sculpture: The author of selected artworks should only deliver the work after receiving an official confirmation from the Organizing Committee (the date to deliver the artwork will be notified separately). In principle, the maximum edge size of the sculpture should be no larger than 100 cm and the weight should be 50 kg or less. If you have special requirements, please contact the official email (email@example.com) in advance.
3) Every author could only have one piece/set of artwork on show.
4）All artworks must be original, and they must not infringe other legal issues such as copyrights, portrait rights, reputation rights, etc. Otherwise, all legal problems arising from this will be the responsibility of the author.
5) Organizers have exhibition, research, photography, video, publishing and propaganda rights for selected artworks.
6）Those who have submitted entries for the exhibition will be deemed to volunteerly participate in the exhibition, and have confirmed and complied with the provisions of this notice.
1) Call for entries: 8 April 2018 – 31 May 2018 We encourage both domestic and international artists to apply for the exhibition.
2) Panel Review of Artworks (31 May 2018 – 16 June 2018) The community authorizes an expertizing panel to estimate the received artworks, and selected ones will receive a certificate with a copy of the collection.
3) Recipient's Address (27 July 2018 – 31 August 2018) The author of selected artworks should only deliver the work after receiving an official confirmation from the Organizing Committee (the date to deliver the artwork will be notified separately).
Silk Road International Festival International Art Exhibition Organizing Committee